since 2 / 2011 (ongoing) | Postdoctoral university assistant at the Institute for Medical Expert- and Knowledge-Based Systems, Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems, Medical University of Vienna.
11 / 2010 – 6 / 2013 | Postdoctoral researcher and developer at the Technical University of Vienna, Austria. Working on the Khresmoi project. The project was formerly hosted by the Information Retrieval Facility (IRF).
since 10 / 2006 (ongoing) | Member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), participant in the Semantic Web for Health Care and Life Science Interest Group of the W3C.
10 / 2007 - 2 / 2011 | Postdoctoral researcher and developer at the Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI), Galway, Ireland.
12 / 2008 – 10 / 2010 | Postdoctoral researcher and developer at the Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution and Cognition Research, Altenberg, Austria.
1 / 2008 – 12 / 2008 | Project manager, technologist and biomedical expert at the Semantic Web Company, Austria.
7 / 2007 – 3 / 2008 | Consultant for the Yale Center for Medical Informatics, Yale University, New Haven, USA.
6 / 2007 – 9 / 2007 | Developer for Science Commons, MIT, Cambridge, USA. Sponsored by Google.
4 / 2007 – 7 / 2007 | Visiting scientist at the Yale Center for Medical Informatics, Yale University, New Haven, USA.
2005 – 2008 | PhD thesis at the Section on Medical Expert and Knowledge-Based Systems of the Medical University of Vienna. Topic: Semantic Web technologies in neuroscience and biomedicine.
2005 | Master thesis at the Austrian Center for Brain Research, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, group for cellular neurophysiology. Finished May 2005 with honors.
2000 – 2005 | Undergraduate studies at the University of Vienna. Focus on experimental neuroscience and pharmacology.
2000 | Graduation (Matura) with honors.
- International, interdisciplinary collaboration with partners from industry and academia, IT and biomedicine
- Mediation between basic research, applied research and industrial applications
- Project management
Information technology skills
- Semantic Web / Linked Data technologies and standards
- Clinical decision support systems
- Information retrieval / search systems
- Biomedical databases, large-scale information integration
- Biomedical ontology, terminology, logic and automated reasoning
- Social web, research discourse representation
- Personalized medicine / pharmacogenomics
- Experimental neuroscience and pharmacology
- Cellular electrophysiology
- Analytical chemistry
- Light and electron microscopy
- Cell culture techniques